Source: Adapted from Blog Chef
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
12 slices white American cheese
3-4 tablespoons jalapenos, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon of salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Rub both sides of each chicken breast with the seasoning mixture.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until the fully cooked.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare the queso sauce...Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine. Continue whisking for 2-3 minutes.
4. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking. Once smooth, add the cheese and continue to whisk until the cheese is fully melted. Stir in the jalapenos and salt.
5. Serve chicken with queso sauce drizzled over top.
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife