'Buffalo Chicken Casserole'
Source: Adapted from The English Kitchen
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 medium baking potatoes, peeled, washed and cubed
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
4 tablespoon hot sauce (more or less depending on preference)
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits
4 green onions, sliced
1. Heat oven to 450. Whisk olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce together in a medium bowl. Remove 1 tablespoon of this mixture and set aside.
2. Toss in the potato cubes, making sure to fully coat them. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish, reserving any excess oil mixture in the bowl. Add the set aside 1 tablespoon oil mixture back to the bowl and toss the shredded chicken in it. Set aside to marinate.
3. Roast the potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
4. When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and top with the shredded chicken and shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the bacon bits and drizzle the ranch dressing over top (I put it in a plastic baggie with the corner snipped off for more control). Finish with the green onions.
5. Place in the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese has melted.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife