Source: Adapted from Eat Skinny Be Skinny
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained (14.5 oz each)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
3 basil leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
6 oz lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
2 tablespoons parsley
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook until it thickens up a bit, about 5 minutes.
4. Add noodles to skillet and stir well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and stir in parsley. Cook about 2 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
5. Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife