'Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burritos'
Source: Adapted from Blog Chef
1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3 lbs)
1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (10 oz)
1/4 cup chili powder
3 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon salt
10 8 inch flour tortillas
1 bag shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (16 oz)
1. Cut the pork roast in half and place both halves in the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
2. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Pour over pork.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is tender.
4. Remove the roast from the slow cooker, cool slightly. Shred the pork using two forks and return to the slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon.
5. Place the tortillas on a plate and heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Place the black beans in a bowl; cover and heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Place about 1/2 cup of the pork mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with some black beans, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over the filling and roll up. Top with some juice from the slow cooker if desired.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife