'Linguine with Shrimp Scampi'
Source: Adapted from Food Network
1 box linguine
3 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced garlic
1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup chopped parsley
zest of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and saute until the shrimp turn pink, stirring often (about 5 minutes).
4. Remove from skillet from heat and add the parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
5. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce to the cooked pasta pot...toss well, and serve.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife