It's one of those days where the inside temperature of the house is colder than the outside temp. It's really annoying. I have the heat set to 70, but I'm still freezing.
Anyway, this is a really good, and really easy recipe. I love shrimp scampi. My favorite is Red Lobster's scampi, but unfortunately we no longer have one. It went out of business many, many years ago and is now a Chili's. Yet for some reason we still get the commercials for them. And Sonic. We get so many Sonic commercials, yet there isn't one within 50 miles of here. I would sell my soul for one of those new pretzel dogs...
Ok, I'm off. I just started a new book last night, so after I fold a load of laundry, I think I'll read for awhile. It's a sit-on-the-couch-all-comfy-cozy kind of day anyway...perfect for reading :)
'Linguine with Shrimp Scampi'
Source: Adapted from Food Network
1 box linguine
3 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced garlic
1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup chopped parsley
zest of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and saute until the shrimp turn pink, stirring often (about 5 minutes).
4. Remove from skillet from heat and add the parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
5. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce to the cooked pasta pot...toss well, and serve.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife