'Zucchini Parmesan Chicken Nuggets'
Source: Adapted from Half Baked Harvest
1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into pieces
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry with a paper towel
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 475. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Add the chicken pieces to a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over top. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a large zip-lock bag, mix together the grated zucchini, crushed cornflakes, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
4. Drop each piece of chicken into the bag and shake until pieces are coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated then pray each nugget with non-stick spray (so they don't burn).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then gently flip using kitchen tongs and spray the other side. Bake for 10-12 minutes more, then remove from oven and serve with dipping sauce of choice (I used Ranch dressing).
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife