'Shrimp Tacos with Chili Mustard Aioli'
Source: Adapted from Nutmeg Nanny
1 can coconut milk (13 oz)
4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 lime, zested
1 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons grated ginger
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 lime, juiced
salt to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
1 lb raw medium sized shrimp, peeled and devined
10 small (6 inch) flour tortillas
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the shrimp (making sure they all get coated) cover and let marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. In a medium bowl, gently mix together all the salsa ingredients. Cover and let sit in the fridge until ready to use (this can be done the night before).
3. In a small bowl, whisk together all the aioli ingredients. Cover and keep in the fridge until ready to use (this can also be done the night before).
4. Prepare the tacos: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Remove shrimp from marinade and add to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are all pink. Meanwhile, place the tortillas on a plate and warm in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
5. To assemble the tacos, spread a thin layer of aioli down the middle of each tortilla. Top with 4-5 shrimp and a few spoonfuls of mango black bean salsa. Garnish with parsley if desired.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife