'Low Country Smothered Pork Chops'
Source; Adapted from Paula Deen
4 center-cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
Salt and pepper to taste
Ground cayenne pepper (optional, I don't use it)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 medium green bell peppers cut into strips
2 yellow onions, trimmed, cut lengthwise
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1. Season chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Place the flour in a shallow dish and lightly roll the chops until fully coated. Shake off any excess and brown each chop in the skillet...about 3 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate.
3. Add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet and saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute longer.
4. Add chops to the skillet and place the vegetables on top of pork chops. Pour in the chicken broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
5. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife