'Pork Chops in a Tennessee Whiskey Mushroom Cream Sauce'
Source: Adapted from Living Bear
4 to 8 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. For the pork chops, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper. Brown both sides. Reduce heat to low and cook until chops are done. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. In the same skillet (add more olive oil if needed), sauté onions and mushrooms on medium high heat until the mushrooms are browned (10-15 minutes). Add garlic and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons chicken stock in a small bowl and set aside. Add the remaining chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and whiskey to the skillet; simmer slowly until sauce is reduced by over half, stirring frequently.
5. Add cornstarch mixture; stir continually and cook an additional minute or two.
6. Add the cream and simmer several minutes until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper if needed.
7. Remove from heat and add pork chops to the skillet. Spoon some of the sauce over the chops and return to the heat. Simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife