'Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup'
Source: Adapted from Yummy Mummy Club
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 medium onion, cut in fourths
2 slices ginger (approx. 1/4 in thick), peeled
2-3 stocks fresh rosemary
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 container chicken broth (32 oz)
1 cup white cooking wine (Optional but highly recommended)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups egg noodles
1. Add carrots, celery, onion, ginger and rosemary to a greased slow cooker.
2. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables and add broth, wine (if using), salt and pepper.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Remove chicken, shred with two forks and put back into pot.
5. Add egg noodles and continue cooking on high for 20-30 minutes.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife