So, if you've been on Pinterest any time in the past two weeks, then you've surely seen THIS pin. It's everywhere.
I, like a million other people, thought they were absolutely adorable and made them for our FRG Easter Party this past weekend. They're super simple (just some mini marshmallows and white chocolate), and are fairly quick to throw together. You'll need about 30 minutes (20 of them are in the freezer), but that's not bad at all. I threw these together about an hour before we needed to leave, so it was great!
Ok guys, I have to run. I need to pick Bubba up from school then get him over to gymnastics. I love gymnastics...it gives me an uninterrupted hour to read my book in the hallways of the elementary school, while Bubba jumps around in the gym burning off all his energy :)
Have a great night!
'Marshmallow Easter Bark'
Source: Butter With A Side Of Bread
1 bag white chocolate chips (12 oz)
3 cups rainbow mini marshmallows
1 tablespoon shortening
1. Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place white chocolate and shortening in a medium sized glass bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir, then return to the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir again. If not fully melted, return for 30 more seconds, then remove and stir until melted.
3. Add the marshmallows to the bowl and stir to coat (quickly so the marshmallows do not begin to melt).
4. Transfer the chocolatey marshmallows to the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, extend the marshmallows to the edge of the pan. Press down slightly to make it all flat and even. Shake on any sprinkles you'd like to decorate with.
5. Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
6. Remove from the freezer and let sit on the counter to return to room temperature. Cut into pieces or, if using a cookie cutter, spray the edges with cooking spray (to avoid sticking, and cut.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife