'Bang Bang Shrimp'
Source: Adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour; divided
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
oil for deep frying
16 to 18 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Add 1/2 cup flour to a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk together.
3. In a large zip-lock bag combine the remaining flour, panko, salt, pepper and all the spices.
4. One at a time coat the shrimp with the flour then dip in the egg allowing excess to drip off. Drop each shrimp into the breading bag and shake until completely coated. Remove from the bag and set a large plate in one layer. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
5. Heat 1 - 2 inches of oil in a large deep skillet. Fry the shrimp in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack or paper-towel lined plate.
6. Once all the shrimp are fried you can either mix them with 1/3 cup of the sauce or serve them with the dipping sauce on the side.
1 Year Ago Today:
2 Years Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife