'Breaded Eggplant Stacks'
Source: Back of the breaded eggplant box
10 oz shredded mozzarella (or mozzarella slices from a ball)
7 oz prepared basil pesto
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce (16 oz)
12 frozen breaded eggplant cutlets (thawed)
4 fresh basil leaves (garnish)
1. Heat oven to broil, and cover a baking sheet with foil.
2. Place four prepared cutlets in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce evenly over each cutlet.
3. Sprinkle with roughly 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella and place another eggplant cutlet on top of the cheese.
4. Top this second cutlet with about 1 tablespoon of pesto, and top again with mozzarella.
5. Place a third and final cutlet on top of the cheese, and spread another tablespoon of pasta sauce over top, finishing each stack with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. (Each stack should be...cutlet, pasta sauce, cheese, cutlet, pesto, cheese, cutlet, pasta sauce, cheese)
6. Place the baking sheet in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7. Place each stack and garnish with 1 basil leaf if desired.
1 Year Ago Today:
2 Years Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife