Source: Adapted from Taste And Tell Blog
3 plum tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups panko
1 fresh mozzarella ball, cut into slices (6 oz)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, red onion, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and vinegar. Season with the salt and pepper.
2. Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and heat over medium heat.
3. Place the eggs in a shallow dish, and the panko breadcrumbs in a large zip-lock bag. Dip each chicken breast into the eggs to coat, then drop into the panko bag. Shake the bag to fully coat the chicken.
4. Cook the chicken in the hot olive oil until crisp on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
5. Once cooked, top each piece with a slice of mozzarella. Cover the pan and cook just until the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
6. Plate the chicken and top with the tomato basil mixture.
1 Year Ago Today:
2 Years Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife