'Cheeseburger Mac N Cheese'
Source: Adapted from Framed Cooks
1/2 pound ground beef
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup flour
4 cups milk
3/4 pound elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded cheddar
Chopped iceburg lettuce for garnish
Chopped cherry tomatoes for garnish
Dill pickle relish for garnish
1. Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat until browned. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until flour is slightly brown, about 3-5 minutes
3. Pour in milk, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Stir until boiling and then reduce heat to low. Simmer until mixture thickens a little, about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pot. Remove sauce from heat and whisk in cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add pasta and stir to coat. Stir in cooked ground beef.
6. Divide among plates or bowls and garnish with lettuce, tomato and relish if desired.
1 Year Ago Today:
2 Years Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife