'Slow Cooker French Onion Soup'
Source: Adapted from The Skinny Fork
4-6 onions, sliced thinly
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons butter
6 cups beef broth
1/2 cup Guinness Draught beer
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 bay leaf
1 Teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt & Pepper To Taste
6 slices French bread
6 oz. Irish Cheddar, Sliced
1. Place onions, garlic, and butter into a greased slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes to an hour or until onions begin to soften.
3. Stir the broth, beer, soy sauce, bay leaf, vinegar and spices into the onions.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
5. Right before serving, preheat the oven broiler and set out individual slices of french bread onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Top bread slices with 1 oz. of the cheese each.
6. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned, then serve bread over-top each bowl of soup.
1 Year Ago Today:
2 Yeas Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife