'Crunchy Lemonade Chicken Tenders'
Source: Adapted from Lady Behind The Curtain
1-2 pounds chicken strips
2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/3 cup of milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. In a large bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, the lemon juice, 1 cup water, sugar and milk. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
2. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the lemon marinade bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (do not marinade any longer than 2 hours or the lemon juice will begin to break down the chicken).
3. Heat oven to 400. Remove chicken from fridge and bring to room temperature.
4. Put the panko, thyme, the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon zest 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Drop the tenders into the bag and shake to coat them completely (you may need to do this in batches).
5. Place tenders on a foil lined baking sheet and spray each one with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
1 Year Ago:
2 Years Ago:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife