'Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers'
Source: Adapted from Le Creme De La Crumb
1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 cup flour
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/3 cup cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
Ranch dressing for dipping
1. Heat oven to 400. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a second dish, and eggs in a third.
3. Coat the chicken first with flour then dip into the egg, turning to coat. Roll each piece in the panko, covering well.
4. Place chicken strips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, then flip strips over and bake another 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Add all ingredients EXCEPT for water and corn starch to a large sauce pan and bring to a gentle boil, whisking throughout.
6. Whisk together cold water and corn starch until corn starch is dissolved. When sauce reaches a boil, add corn starch-water mixture and whisk until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
7. When chicken strips are finished baking, dip chicken strips in sauce, tossing to coat. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife