'Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf'
Source: Adapted from Kraft Recipes
1 blue box of Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1.5 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup panko
1/3 cup A.1. sauce, divided
1 package (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup ketchup
1. Heat oven to 350. Prepare mac and cheese as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix meat, onions, panko, egg and 2 Tbsp. of the A.1. just until blended.
3. Pat the meat mixture into a 10x8-inch rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar. Mix remaining cheddar with the prepared mac and cheese. Spread over the meat mixture, leaving about an inch boarder all the way around.
5. Roll up the rectangle, starting at one of the long sides and removing parchment as meatloaf is rolled; press ends and edges of meatloaf together to seal.
6. Use parchment to transfer the loaf, seam side down, to a 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Discard parchment.
7. Bake for 25 min.
8. Whisk ketchup and remaining A.1. until blended; spoon over-top the loaf. Sprinkle with reserved cheddar.
9. Bake an additional 10 min. or until done (160ºF). Let stand 10 min. before slicing to serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife