'One Pan Fall Chicken Dinner'
Source: Cooking Classy
4 - 5 (6 - 7 oz) chicken thighs
4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, plus more for serving
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
2 fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4-inch thick
2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
1/2 package cooked, chopped bacon pieces
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
3. Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon evenly over veggie/fruit mixture. Roast in heated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, 30-35 minutes..
5. Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife