'Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry'
Source: Natasha's Kitchen
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth/stock
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 medium garlic cloves, grated
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
6 cups broccoli florets (thaw if using frozen)
1 small onion, sliced
12 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
1. In a medium bowl, toss chicken breast with flour until evenly coated. Remove chicken to a plate (leave remaining flour in the bowl - you'll use it for the sauce).
2. Prepare the sauce: In the bowl with the remaining flour, add the chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Whisk until smooth ans set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large skillet on medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken pieces and spread out evenly. Let chicken sit for a minute before stirring, then stir fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Add another 1 Tbsp of oil to the same pan. Once oil is hot, add the broccoli, onions and sliced mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are softened and broccoli is crisp-tender.
5. Whisk the sauce again then pour it over the vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened then toss in chicken and cook another 30 seconds or until heated through. Season to taste with salt if desired.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife