'Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa and Avocado Sauce'
Source: Adapted from Annie's Eats
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for cooking
3 Tbsp. minced cilantro (or parsley)
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. ground chipotle powder
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Salt & pepper, to taste
1.5 lbs. white fish (halibut or tilapia)
2 mangos, pitted, peeled and diced
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro (or Parsley)
Juice of one lime
Pinch of salt
1 avocado, split and pitted
1/2 cups sour cream
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
Juice of 1 lime
salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the marinade: Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro (or parsley), cumin, chipotle and garlic in a large zip-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Place the fish in the bag and turn to coat so the fish is fully covered in the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the Salsa: Combine all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and toss until evenly mixed. Cover and set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
4. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the fish in a single layer and cook, turning only once, until cooked through (135-145 degree internal temp). Transfer fish to a plate and coarsely chop with a fork.
5. Assemble tacos: Top flour tortillas with fish, mango salsa and drizzle with avocado sauce. Serve immediately.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife