'Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet'
Source: Adapted from Primavera Kitchen
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced
1 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
A pinch of chili pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh parsley for garnishing
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
4. Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally (about 10-15 minutes). If necessary, add more olive oil.
5. Once the sweet potato is tender, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over top and allow to melt (about 3-5 minutes). Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife