'Cornbread Taco Bake'
Source: Adapted from The Country Cook
1 package Cornbread Mix (7 oz)
1/2 cup milk
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
1 can Mexicorn, drained (11 oz)
1 can Rotel, drained (10 oz)
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Heat oven to 350. Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg. Stir well.
2. Pour batter into greased 9 x 9 baking dish (or 2 1/2 quart casserole) and bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain. Stir in taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Add Mexicorn and Rotel. Stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Once cornbread is cooked, remove from oven and top with ground beef mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, ONE cup of shredded cheese and green onion. Gently spread the sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve. Top with optonial toppings if desired.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife