'One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies'
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed of tough ends, chopped into 2-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1. In a mixing bowl whisk together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes, set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place chicken evenly in skillet. Cook 6 - 7 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking, until chicken has cooked through.
3. Add half the dressing mixture to skillet and rotate chicken to evenly coat. Transfer chicken to a large plate or a serving platter while leaving sauce in skillet.
4. Add asparagus and carrots to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer veggies to plate with the chicken.
5. Add remaining dressing mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes to chicken and veggies and drizzle dressing mixture in pan over top (or return chicken and veggies to pan and toss to coat). Serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife