'Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese'
Source: Adapted from Rachel Cooks
1 box (16 oz) elbow pasta
4 tablespoons butter, melted
3 oz cream cheese
2 cups milk
12 oz evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
pepper to taste
8 oz sharp cheddar shredded cheese, grated
8 oz provolone, grated
1. Cook pasta according to directions to al dente (it will cook more in the slow cooker so don’t over-boil it).
2. Drain and pour into a large greased slow cooker.
3. Melt butter and cream in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisking until both are melted. Stir in milk, evaporated milk, sour cream and whisk until combined.
4. Remove from heat, slowly whisk in eggs (you don't want them to scramble, so add slowly and whisk constantly), ground mustard, and pepper. Stir in cheeses.
5. Pour mixture over cooked macaroni and stir to combine cheese and pasta.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours. Switch to warm until ready to serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2015 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife