'Chicken Broccoli Mac & Cheese'
Source: Adapted from Cooking Light
6 oz uncooked spiral or elbow macaroni
3 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons chopped bacon
1 shredded rotisserie chicken
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
5 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/4 cups)
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli to pot during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
3. Place chicken in a high-sided pan and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add garlic and heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, milk, stock, and flour. Add milk mixture to the cooked pasta and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Add pasta mixture and 2 ounces cheese to the chicken and stir to combine. Place the chicken/pasta/broccoli mixture into a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 3 oz cheese and the bacon pieces. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and just begins to brown.
All Images Copyrighted © 2016 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife