Source: Adapted from Chew Out Loud
4 skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper
5 Tbspn olive oil, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Sauce:
2 Tbspn olive oil
8 oz fresh white mushrooms, sliced
3 cups madeira wine (almost a full bottle)
4 cloves minced garlic
2 cups beef broth
2 Tbspn cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbspn of the beef broth
1 Tbspn salted butter
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Flatten chicken breasts to an even 1/4 inch thickness . Lightly sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until hot. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until browned on both sides and no longer pink.
3. Transfer cooked chicken to a baking pan and cover to keep warm.
4. In the same skillet (do not clean), heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and stir 1-2 min. Add the remaining sauce ingredients. Stir and bring sauce to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-fourth of its original volume and has thickened.
6. Turn on broiler and place chicken on a backing sheet. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top of chicken breasts and broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Serve chicken immediately, topped with the Madeira sauce.
All Images Copyrighted © 2016 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife