'One Pan Chicken Parmesan and Roasted Zucchini'
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1 large egg
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2/3 cup marinara sauce (from a jar)
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/4 lbs zucchini chopped in half through the length then sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Chopped fresh basil, for serving (optional)
1 Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Pour Panko bread crumbs and parmesan into a gallon size resealable bag. Season with salt and pepper. Shake bag then drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake while pressing against mixture to evenly moisten crumbs.
3. In a shallow dish whisk egg until well blended. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dredge chicken in egg then immediately transfer to bread crumb mixture and press both sides in crumbs to adhere well. Transfer to middle of baking dish then repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
4. Bake chicken for 15 minutes. During last few minutes of baking, place zucchini in a gallon size resealable bag, pour in olive oil and add garlic powder. Season wtih salt and pepper to taste. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat.
5. Remove chicken from oven, rotate chicken to opposite side. Add zucchini around chicken in an even layer. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until fully cooked.
6. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce down middle of chicken breasts, sprinkle with mozzarella. Move oven rack near broiler element and heat oven to broil. Broil until cheese has melted (about 1 - 2 minutes). Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
All Images Copyrighted © 2016 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife